Idle Acorns – End User License Agreement
1. Acknowledgement: This Mobile Application End User License Agreement (“EULA”) describes using the Aleros.io, LLC (“Aleros”) Idle Acorns mobile application (“Mobile App”), which allows You to play the Idle Acorns game from Your mobile device. This EULA forms a binding legal agreement between you (and any other entity on whose behalf you accept these terms) (collectively “You” or “Your”) and Aleros (each separately a “Party” and collectively the “Parties”) as of the date you download the Mobile App. Your use of the Mobile App is subject to this EULA will remain subject to the existing agreement governing such use. With respect to the use of the Mobile App conflicts with this EULA, the terms of this EULA will govern and control solely with respect to use of the Mobile App. You and the End-User must acknowledge that the EULA is concluded between You and the End-User only, and not with Apple, and You, not Apple, are solely responsible for the Licensed Application and the content thereof. The EULA may not provide for usage rules for Licensed Applications that are in conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service as of the Effective Date (which You acknowledge You have had the opportunity to review).
2. Scope of License: The license granted to the End-User for the Licensed Application must be limited to a non-transferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Apple-branded Products that the End-User owns or controls and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service, except that such Licensed Application may be accessed and used by other accounts associated with the purchaser via Family Sharing or volume purchasing.
Aleros grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to download, install, and use the Mobile App for Your personal and internal business purposes strictly in accordance with this EULA and the Subscription Agreement.
3. Maintenance and Support: Aleros may deploy changes, updates, or enhancements to the Mobile App at any time. Aleros may provide maintenance and support for the Mobile App, but has no obligation whatsoever to furnish such services to You and may terminate such services at any time without notice. You acknowledge that Apple (for iOS Mobile App) has no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services in connection with the Mobile App. You and the End-User must acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Licensed Application.
4. Warranty: YOUR USE OF THE MOBILE APP IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE MOBILE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ALEROS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Mobile App is only available for supported devices and might not work on every device. Determining whether Your device is a supported or compatible device for use of the Mobile App is solely Your responsibility, and downloading the Mobile App is done at Your own risk. Aleros does not represent or warrant that the Mobile App and Your device are compatible or that the Mobile App will work on Your device.
4.1 iOS Application: In the event of Aleros’s failure to conform to any applicable warranty, You may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Mobile App. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, APPLE WILL HAVE NO OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO (A) THE MOBILE APP, AND (B) ANY OTHER CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY FAILURE TO CONFORM TO ANY WARRANTY.
You must be solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. The EULA must provide that, in the event of any failure of the Licensed Application to conform to any applicable warranty, the End-User may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Licensed Application to that End-User; and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Licensed Application, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Your sole responsibility.
5. Product Claims: You and the End-User must acknowledge that You, not Apple, are responsible for addressing any claims of the End-User or any third party relating to the Licensed Application or the end- user’s possession and/or use of that Licensed Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Licensed Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection, privacy, or similar legislation, including in connection with Your Licensed Application’s use of the HealthKit and HomeKit frameworks. The EULA may not limit Your liability to the End-User beyond what is permitted by applicable law.
6. Intellectual Property Rights: You and the End-User must acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Licensed Application or the End-User’s possession and use of that Licensed Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, You, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
7. Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that: (a) You are not located in a country that is subject to a United States Government embargo, or that is on Title 15, Part 740 Supplement 1 Country Group E of the United States Code of Federal Regulations; (b) You are not located in a country that has been designated by the United States Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (c) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You further agree not to transport the Mobile App to or use the Mobile App in any such country.
8. Developer Name and Address: You must state in the EULA Your name and address, and the contact information (telephone number; E-mail address) to which any End-User questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Licensed Application should be directed.
9. Third Party Terms of Agreement: You must state in the EULA that the End-User must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement when using Your Application, e.g., if You have a VoIP application, then the End-User must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using Your Application.
10. Third Party Beneficiary: This EULA is executed between You and Aleros and not between you and any other party, including Apple for iOS users. You agree that any claims brought by You arising out of this EULA or Your use of the Mobile App will not be made against Apple as applicable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upon Your acceptance of this EULA, allows Apple as applicable, to enforce this EULA against You as a third party beneficiary thereof. Aleros is not responsible for any applicable third-party agreement between You and Your any third-party, including your wireless provider.
11. Changes to this EULA. Aleros reserves the right to modify this EULA at any time and for any reason. Aleros will post the most current version of this EULA at https://idleacorns.aleros.io/end-user-license-agreement/. If Aleros makes material changes to this EULA, You will receive notification via the Mobile App. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You are responsible for complying with the updated terms posted online at Aleros’s website even if these updated terms appear online at Aleros’s website before being posted on the Mobile App. Your continued use of the Mobile App after Aleros publishes notice of changes to this EULA indicates Your consent to the updated terms.
12. Acceptable Use. You agree that You will not use or encourage others to use the Mobile App as accessed through the Mobile App in a way that could harm or impair others’ use of the Mobile App. You agree not to violate the usage limits or controls set forth by: (a) the App Store Terms of Service, for iOS users accessing the Mobile App on an Apple product, or (b) Google Play Terms of Service for Android users accessing the Mobile App on an Android product. .
13. Privacy. In order to operate the Mobile App, Aleros may collect certain anonymous information about how You use the product, but will not collect any personal information.
14. Contact Information. If You have any questions regarding this EULA, please contact Aleros by email at email@example.com, or by mail at PO Box 1421, Lawrence, KS 66044.
Last Updated: September 2020